60 Gore Street, Suite 203
Cambridge, MA 02141
Telephone: 617-603-1700 (LARC) or 617-603-2700 - Fax: 617-371-1188 (LARC)
While criminal cases are not accepted, free legal advice and representation is offered in the following general areas:
- Housing – eviction defense and homelessness;
- Employment – unemployment claims, wage and hour issues, and working conditions;
- Discrimination in training programs or employment;
- Family law – primarily issues of domestic violence;
- Immigration – asylum, undocumented battered women and minors;
- Health & Disability – Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Disability, other public health insurance programs;
- Elder issues including housing, nursing home issues, Social Security, SSI, elder abuse;
- Asian Outreach Unit offers services to Asians who do not speak English.
Access to CSLS is through LARC (Legal Advocacy and Resource Center). See LARC listing. If LARC determines that a referral should be made to CSLS, the assigned attorney will contact the client.
The amount of time it takes to get a response to a complaint may be long and depends on the complexity of the complaint and staff availability.
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. No walk-ins are accepted.
Requirements / Restrictions:
Residency in Cambridge, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Woburn, or Winchester.
Income limitations (usually restricted to persons with incomes less than 125% of federal poverty guidelines) may apply.
Varies by complexity of complaint and staff availability
GBLS Main Office: 197 Friend St., Boston, MA 02114
Accessible by public transportation. Telephone first and intake worker will provide directions.
(Categories for this entry: Legal)
While every effort is made to provide current and accurate information for the agency descriptions and hours of operation, it is recommended to call the agency to verify the information before visiting.